All the plastic containers and corrugated boxes that we use are made from recycled materials. We also employ a Reuse and Recycle plan to minimize waste across the supply chain.
Sustainability also includes responsible water usage. To that end, we have implemented programs for water recycling to reduce overall usage.
The strong relationships we maintain with our growers and distributors allows us to collaborate with them to reduce our greenhouse gas emissions. In addition, our highly experienced logistics team strives to minimize our carbon footprint when planning our delivery routes.
We make all these efforts to ensure that our products are always as “green” as possible.
Trade Association Membership:
Produce Marketing Association
Southeast Produce Council
United Fresh Produce Association
Northeast Produce Council
Quality Assurance Certifications:
SQF Code Edition 7.2
The New Jersey Department of Agriculture
- All produce is grown on land free of recent animal husbandry
- All produce is not adulterated or misbranded within the meaning of Federal Food, Drug & Cosmetic Act
- All produce is not adulterated or misbranded within the meaning of any applicable state food and drug law
- All produce is washed with water that meets US EPA or World Health Organization (WHO) microbial standards of drinking water
- All produce is handled by workers that have been trained on proper washing procedures and sanitation
- All produce if not domestic has certificates of produce safety from country of origin
- Any pesticides or chemicals used by the undersigned on said produce comply with all rules and regulations of the Food and Drug Administration of the U.S. Department of Heath and Human Services, the U.S. Department of Agriculture and state regulations. Only pesticide chemicals authorized by all applicable state and deferral regulations have been used at authorized times and conformity with registration and label of the supplier.
- Observe Food Safety Defense procedures as outlined in FDA 10/07 “Guidance for Industry; Food Processors & Transporters: Food Security Preventative Measures Guidance”.
- To be able to provide written documentation, upon request, to support all items listed above, including documentation from any and all suppliers used to obtain said produce.
Annual Third Party Certified Audits by TUV SUD America Inc.
Monthly Internal Mock Recalls for Traceability
Regular USDA Facility and Product Inspections
Safe Quality Food